Hilleberg Nallo 3 GT Backpacking Tent
In essence, the Nallo and its extended vestibule version, the Nallo GT, are the ultralight versions of the Nammatj and Nammatj GT. They excel in any situation where the lightest possible tent is needed, but where true all season strength and reliability might be required. Both tents’ tunnel tent design and ultra light weight make them ideal for mobile adventures, where you move your tent every day. And, because of their exceptional weight to space ratio, they are perfect for long distance endeavors where light weight is a greater priority than absolute strength. Certainly, they are suitable for exposed and/or above treeline use in all seasons, but because they are built using our ultralight Kerlon 1200, 9 mm poles, and lighter gauge zippers, they do not have the same strength as their Nammatj cousins. That said, Kerlon 1200, with its 12 kilo tear strength, is an order of magnitude stronger even than most so-called "expedition grade" fabrics, and so is easily robust enough to handle adverse situations well.
The Nallo and Nallo GT’s salient characteristic may be their ultra light weight, but both are still fully able to handle all season, all weather adventures. This explains why these tents are the first choice of those needing the lightest weight tents that still offer all-season, all weather functionality. This includes wilderness photographers, professional climbers, hunters, and other adventurers who have to carry large amounts of gear, as well as long distance hikers, who want to get more out of carrying less. Globe-trotting trekkers often carry the Nallo, as it ensures they will have private accommodations wherever they go, and solo hikers love having near-palatial space without any real weight penalty. Families with younger children and those who hike with their dogs love the extra space – and, of course, the ultra light weight – the Nallo GT has to offer.
- Our tunnel design, with its single-opening, continuous pole sleeve construction and linked inner and outer tents makes the Nallo and Nallo GT quick and easy to set up.
- Ultralight materials – Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles – make for a supremely stable yet very lightweight tent.
- Pitching requires only four pegs, yet additional peg and guy line points – 11 on the Nallo and 16 on the Nallo GT – provide a myriad of options for increasing stability. Remarkably strong Spectra guy lines are attached at two points to all poles sleeves on both sides of the tent, and have two line runners each to ensure optimal tension. The front vent on the Nallo GT also has a guy line with a line runner, and the Nallo has a loop for guy line attachment.
- Both maximize interior space by having full sitting height closest to the front, where you need it most, as well as one vertical inner tent entrance, and, because of the tunnel design itself, near-vertical side walls.
- A single entrance and vestibule afford easy access and plenty of storage space, and this, along with our lighter weight Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles produce an astonishingly light yet all-weather-strong tent.
- The GT’s extended vestibule boasts one entrance on each side, so that you can always situate one out of the weather.
- The entire front of the Nallo GT’s vestibule can be rolled away to create a tunnel-shaped opening which has full tent width and enough depth to keep all but the worst weather away from the inner tent door.
- The Nallo and Nallo GT’s ventilation system functions regardless of weather conditions, since the inner tent fabric is highly breathable yet water repellent, and since the large front vent is not only situated high enough to keep air moving even if the tent is dug down into deep snow, but it is also backed by an adjustable snow-proof panel that is accessible from inside the vestibule, and which is air permeable even when zipped up. Inner tent venting comes from the adjustable fabric-backed no-see-um mesh panel in the rear wall of the inner tent. In addition, the inner tent door has a full no-see-um mesh panel covered with an equal sized, zipper-adjustable fabric panel, and the rear wall of the outer tent can be partially rolled up and guyed out for more venting options.
- The inner tents in both the Nallo and Nallo GT models can be taken out and the Nallo Mesh Inner tents can be used instead.
VIP customer service.